Who are we?
At Tiled, we believe experiences bring people and ideas together. Our mission is to unleash creative storytelling. Tiled is an interactive content platform built for the new age of communication. Our no-code story builder lets teams create, share, and edit their content anywhere, anytime with actionable analytics to scale their impact.
What is a microapp?
The Sr. Manager, Marketing Events and PR will report to the Director of Customer and Channel marketing and will be responsible for Trade Show Management, Conference events, Client events, and Regional Sales events, with a supporting role in Public Relations and Social Media.
- In coordination with the Director of Customer and Channel Marketing, manage Tiled’s event and tradeshow strategy, including but not limited to: identifying key events (both in-person and virtual), maintain pre- and post-show communication, and event attendance.
- Work with the marketing team to develop event strategy and objectives; spearhead initiatives to meet objectives based on lead generation, customer advocacy, partner engagement and more.
- Conceptualize event themes and campaigns to support Tiled’s company goals and work with the Tiled Experience Team to ensure events are on brand.
- Establish goals and objectives to ensure ample opportunities and meetings for the sales team
- Conduct site searches/visits, negotiate terms and administer contracts with venues, entertainment, hotels, transportation, catering, A/V and other service providers; serve as logistical liaison for all providers
- Assess and identify opportunities, potential conflicts and other issues related to the event and provide strategic direction to executive team
- Prepare pre- and post-event analysis; assess opportunities and make recommendations for improving events as a whole, then implement those recommendations as appropriate
- Ensure flawless execution of events. Monitor activities to ensure compliance with association regulations, city and state laws, satisfaction of participants, and resolution of any problems that may arise
- Manage campaign from start to finish, direct, and closely coordinate with internal support teams (e.g., sales, legal, design, communications, product, video, etc)
- Work closely with the sales team to organize and execute small sales events such as regional trade shows, lunch and learns, and customer events.
- Analyze, track, and report on event ROI based on predetermined pipeline, revenue, and qualified lead metrics using the CRM, email marketing, and similar systems.
- Travel to events when needed
- Strategize public relations and social media activities to support event success
- Support public relations and social media efforts across the marketing organization to increase Tiled brand awareness
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or related field and/or experience planning events, tradeshows, or similar activities
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong communication skills – written and oral
- Capacity to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to identify issues, find answers, and collaborate with team members
- Self motivated with the ability to multitask
- Ability to handle difficult situations in a professional manner
- Positive attitude and demeanor, adding to the culture of the team
- Willingness to assist clients and co-workers as needed
- Comfortable with traveling in a work capacity
If you’re looking to make an impact, Tiled is the place for you! Tiled’s culture is one of being customer-obsessed, radically transparent, and boldly accountable.
We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits including; health, dental, vision, and 401k. Other perks include; unlimited PTO, and wonderful work/life balance.
Tiled is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.
Life at Tiled
A definition of balance from our CEO
While we take pride in our work ethic and drive towards the summit of our craft, we also take pride in knowing that we’re aligning our time and priorities with the ultimate summit, to be surrounded on all sides by those who we love and are loved by.
We believe that our relationships are the primary motivator and that at the summit of life, the relationships that we’ve fostered will be our greatest legacy. These relationships — our immediate and extended families, our friends, our communities, our churches, our colleagues — are the people (and furry friends) we intersect with daily. Call it family. Call it tribe. Whatever it is, we support the people that support us, and we believe achieving balance between work and family allows us to be our best selves and reach life’s summits.
Time is the most valuable thing we have. We seek to spend our time with gratitude in ways that feel meaningful as we build towards our goals at work and at home. Spending time to serve and contribute to the world around us is as vital to our pursuits as our personal and strategic goals.